Sunday, January 15, 2006

Hole in the Wall

So, we redid the bathroom, like, a year ago... So, to replace the sink we poked a pretty big hole in the wall in the under the stairs closet...I kept meaning to repair this hole, but, out of sight, out of mind, right? So...I never really bothered. Now that we're selling, it became kind of important.

I mean, really, WE ARE SELLING this place!

Would you buy this place?
So, one last semi-major home improvement (or end of the other...the bathroom, that is), and it isn't even done, but I think we'll call it good. It did go from a hole:

Small?  I don't think so!
To this...after squaring the edges, I had to frankenstein together some pieces, since I only bought a 12"x12" piece of sheetrock. Why buy a 4'x8' sheet, when a cut up 12x12 will work?

Screwed together and in place!
Then finally, to this...a little joint compound (skipped the tape), some spackle and some paint. As said, it isn't truly DONE, since I really should sand and flatten a bit better, and I REALLY should put on some wall texture and roll on some paint, instead of just a brush...but, hey, IT'S A CLOSET, noone will notice when looking at the house and who could care? It's not like anyone will be throwing a party in the closet, right? :-) And it looks, OK, see.

No More Hole
OK, so...that's the (w)hole repair. Hahaha!!!

Now, about that sign! The house is officially up for sale. The MLS (Multiple Listing Service) listing (is that redundant?) went up Friday. Our realtor says he got 6 calls that day. SIX...wow. One of them was an east coast person, coming out this weekend and really wanted to see our place the one day they were in town looking at other properties. So, we agreed and ran some errands on Saturday.

The realtor caravan is Tuesday. After that we are open/up for showings by appointment. The first general open house is next week. Then maybe a few more appointments for showings...if needed. We're hoping the place goes quickly, to tell the truth. We need to get this step under our belts, Jess can put in her 2 weeks notice and we can start planning the big move. We don't want the stress of a month or longer on the market...that would drive Jessica even more nuts than me not having my resume fully completed.

Heck, even I'm starting to stress about that. I'm almost done, just a few more tweaks and then I'll get it into the hands of a head-hunter, maybe, or just send it out. Who knows. I've never looked for a job 1200 miles away before. Not an easy feeling, let me tell you!

OK, that's it for now. Summer's taking it all so well. She's feeling better...as you can see on her blog, but, she doesn't really know, now, does she? We're doing this for you Summer. We really hope you like the new house in CO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home